Using a registration code
If you have already bought a Universalis registration code from us then you can have the full Universalis content on your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch without having to pay again.
The instructions here are for the older version of Catholic Calendar, which was replaced by a newer one at Easter 2017. The instructions for the newer version are here. If you think you have the older version but aren’t sure, don’t worry: following the instructions on this page will not do any harm.
Step 1. Open the Catholic Calendar app
Its icon is called “RC Calendar”.
- If you can't find it, then you will need to get it from the App Store (it’s free). Go to this page for the App Store link and the instructions for entering the registration code after you have installed the Catholic Calendar app.
Step 2. Enter your registration code
You need to be connected to the Web for this to work.
- In Catholic Calendar, view any of the text pages. It doesn't matter which. If the screen is showing you a calendar, tap on any of the dates and you will be taken to a text page.
- In the text page, tap in the middle of the screen.
- A toolbar will appear at the top. It will look something like this:
- Tap the cogwheel () on the right-hand side of the screen.
- The Settings screen will appear. At the bottom right, you will see a button labelled "Licensed User". It will look something like this:
If the button says “Set up daily emails”, then you have already entered a registration code and don’t need to enter it again. If there is no button at all, then you are using the newer version of Catholic Calendar and need to follow different instructions instead.
- Tap the Licensed User button.
- You will see a screen asking you for your registration code.
- Enter your registration code. You don't need to enter the hyphens, so if your code is 123-456-789,
you can just type 123456789.
- If the registration code is valid, Catholic Calendar will download a
file from our web site.
Once the file has been downloaded, your Catholic Calendar application will
behave just like the full Universalis that is purchased from the App Store.
There is only one minor difference:
- Your Catholic Calendar app will still be called "RC Calendar"
when you look at it on your desktop.