New Every Day
The “New Every Day 2020” e-book contains spiritual readings for each day of the year. It is a perfect Christmas present for your friends and family. Read all about it here.
A Universalis e-book contains the Liturgy of the Hours and the readings at Mass for every day in a given period.
You can get Universalis e-books in both ePub and Kindle format. The ePub format is the industry standard; the Kindle format is used only by the Amazon Kindle e-readers and apps.
Why get an e-book?
- You can get it on your e-book reader – such as a Kindle or a Kobo or a Nook.
- You can also read it on Windows phones and other devices which have e-reader software.
- You don’t need the Internet – each e-book is self-contained.
- You get better translations – because some translations can’t be used on the Web.
- The “Mass Today” page is available – this merges the Order of Mass with the readings and prayers for the day, so you can follow the Mass right through without having to jump here and there in a missal.
Should I get an app instead?
Yes, if you can.
- Apps and programs last for ever. An e-book covers a fixed period. At the end of that period, you need to get (or create) a new e-book.
- Navigation is quicker with the app.
- Where there are options (a choice of saints or a choice of psalms), the app can show you just the option you have chosen, but an e-book has to show you everything.
Universalis apps and programs exist for:
Android (& Fire) · iPhone / iPad / iPod Touch ·
For e-book readers, such as the Kobo, Nook or Amazon Kindle, you’ll need an e-book because they can’t run apps. For systems such as Windows Phone or Blackberry, a Universalis app doesn’t exist but you can use an e-reader app to read e-books.
How do I get an e-book?
Instructions for Amazon Kindle format.
Instructions for ePub format (all e-book readers other than the Amazon Kindle).
Please note that the e-books you create are for your private use
only and must not be given or distributed to other people.