Using calendar: England. You can pick a diocese or region.
Christ the Lord was tempted and suffered for us. Come, let us adore him.
Or: O that today you would listen to his voice: harden not your hearts.
Year: A(I). Psalm week: 1. Liturgical Colour: Violet.
About the author of the Second Reading in today's Office of Readings:
|Mid-morning reading (Terce)||Isaiah 53:2-3 ©|
Like a sapling he grew up in front of us, like a root in arid ground. Without beauty, without majesty (we saw him), no looks to attract our eyes; a thing despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows and familiar with suffering, a man to make people screen their faces; he was despised and we took no account of him.
|Noon reading (Sext)||Isaiah 53:4-5 ©|
And yet ours were the sufferings he bore, ours the sorrows he carried. But we, we thought of him as someone punished, struck by God, and brought low. Yet he was pierced through for our faults, crushed for our sins. On him lies a punishment that brings us peace, and through his wounds we are healed.
|Afternoon reading (None)||Isaiah 53:6-7 ©|
We had all gone astray like sheep, each taking his own way, and the Lord burdened him with the sins of all of us. Harshly dealt with, he bore it humbly, he never opened his mouth, like a lamb that is led to the slaughter-house, like a sheep that is dumb before its shearers never opening its mouth.
- Portsmouth - Berkshire - Reading
- Portsmouth - Hampshire - Andover
- Portsmouth - Hampshire - Bishop's Waltham
- Portsmouth - Hampshire - Havant
- Portsmouth - Hampshire - Havant Area
- Portsmouth - Hampshire - Portsmouth
- Portsmouth - Hampshire - Portsmouth Area
- Portsmouth - Hampshire - Ringwood
- Portsmouth - Hampshire - Romsey
- Portsmouth - Hampshire - Solent Area
- Portsmouth - Hampshire - Winchester
- Portsmouth - Oxfordshire - Abingdon
- Portsmouth - Oxfordshire - North Hinksey
Scripture readings taken from The Jerusalem Bible, published and copyright © 1966, 1967 and 1968 by Darton, Longman & Todd, Ltd and Doubleday, a division of Random House, Inc, and used by permission of the publishers. For on-line information about other Random House, Inc. books and authors, see the Internet web site at http://www.randomhouse.com.
|This web site © Copyright 1996-2023 Universalis Publishing Ltd · Contact us · Cookies/privacy|