(optional commemoration of Saint Silvester I, Pope)
Using calendar: England. You can pick a diocese or region.
Christ has been born for us: come, let us adore him.
Year: B(II). Liturgical Colour: White.
About the author of the Second Reading in today's Office of Readings:
|Mid-morning reading (Terce)||Isaiah 45:13 ©|
I roused him to victory, I levelled the way for him. He will rebuild my city, will bring my exiles back without ransom or indemnity, so says the Lord of Hosts.
|Noon reading (Sext)||Isaiah 48:20 ©|
Declare this with cries of joy and proclaim it, send it out to the ends of the earth. Say, ‘The Lord has redeemed his servant Jacob.’
|Afternoon reading (None)||Isaiah 65:1 ©|
I was ready to be approached by those who did not consult me, ready to be found by those who did not seek me. I said, ‘I am here, I am here’, to a nation that did not invoke my name.
- Portsmouth - Berkshire - Reading
- Portsmouth - Hampshire - Andover
- Portsmouth - Hampshire - Bishop's Waltham
- Portsmouth - Hampshire - Havant
- Portsmouth - Hampshire - Havant Area
- Portsmouth - Hampshire - Portsmouth
- Portsmouth - Hampshire - Portsmouth Area
- Portsmouth - Hampshire - Ringwood
- Portsmouth - Hampshire - Romsey
- Portsmouth - Hampshire - Solent Area
- Portsmouth - Hampshire - Winchester
- Portsmouth - Oxfordshire - Abingdon
- Portsmouth - Oxfordshire - North Hinksey
Scripture readings taken from The Jerusalem Bible, published and copyright © 1966, 1967 and 1968 by Darton, Longman & Todd, Ltd and Doubleday, a division of Random House, Inc, and used by permission of the publishers. For on-line information about other Random House, Inc. books and authors, see the Internet web site at http://www.randomhouse.com.
|This web site © Copyright 1996-2023 Universalis Publishing Ltd · Contact us · Cookies/privacy|