Purchasing and licensing: bought from Apple
You have said that you have bought the Universalis app from the App Store.
What you have
iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch
The app you have bought from the App Store will work on any iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch device you possess. This is Apple’s policy. No payment or code is needed.
Installing on a new device
Apple’s support page about installing previously purchased apps is here.
If you bought your apps with an Apple ID whose email address you no longer have access to, see Apple’s help page.
Do you want something more?
Universalis on Android devices.
Universalis on the Kindle Fire and other Amazon devices.
Universalis on Mac or Windows.
Advice about subscriptions
Universalis itself does not need a monthly subscription. There are two cases in which a subscription is necessary:
- If (instead of buying the Universalis app) you get the free Catholic Calendar app, you can pay a monthly or yearly subscription to make it behave exactly like Universalis. If you later buy the Universalis app, or if you later buy a registration code, you should cancel the subscription.
- If you want to listen to spoken audio versions of the Mass readings or the Hours, that requires a subscription. If you later decide you don’t want the spoken versions any more, you should cancel the subscription.
We aren’t allowed to cancel a subscription for you. It is something you have to do for yourself.
How to cancel a subscription
Note: Cancellation takes effect from the next renewal date. You will continue to have all the benefits of your subscription until the renewal date is past.
From within the Universalis or Catholic Calendar app
- Tap in the centre of the screen to make the toolbar appear.
- Tap on the "ⓘ" button on the left-hand side of the toolbar.
- In the menu that appears, tap on "Subscriptions".
You will see a list of all possible subscriptions. Find the subscription you want to cancel, and tap the "Manage" button next to it. This will take you into a page supplied by Apple in which you can see all subscriptions and cancel them.
From within the App Store app
- Tap on your profile icon at the top right-hand corner.
- In the screen that appears, press "Manage Subscriptions".
- You will see a list of all your active and expired subscriptions.
- To cancel a subscription, tap on it and then press "Cancel Subscription".
Directly through Apple
You can use the Settings app on your iOS device, or a page on Apple’s web site. Here are Apple's full instructions.