Dómine, lábia mea apéries.
Et os meum annuntiábit laudem tuam.
Lord, open our lips.
And we shall praise your name.
“Redemptos iubet Dominus victoriæ carmen canere” (S. Athanasius).
– Christum Dóminum, qui Sanctum nobis promísit Spíritum, veníte, adorémus, allelúia.
2Iubiláte Dómino, omnis terra,*
servíte Dómino in lætítia;
introíte in conspéctu eius*
3Scitóte quóniam Dóminus ipse est Deus;†
ipse fecit nos, et ipsíus sumus,*
pópulus eius et oves páscuæ eius.
4Introíte portas eius in confessióne,†
átria eius in hymnis,*
confitémini illi, benedícite nómini eius.
5Quóniam suávis est Dóminus;†
in ætérnum misericórdia eius,*
et usque in generatiónem et generatiónem véritas eius.
Glória Patri et Fílio*
et Spirítui Sancto.
Sicut erat in princípio et nunc et semper*
et in sǽcula sæculórum.
– Christum Dóminum, qui Sanctum nobis promísit Spíritum, veníte, adorémus, allelúia.*
– Christ the Lord has promised us the Holy Spirit: come, let us adore him, alleluia.
Rejoice in the Lord, all the earth,
and serve him with joy.
Exult as you enter his presence.
Know that the Lord is God.
He made us and we are his
– his people, the sheep of his flock.
Cry out his praises as you enter his gates,
fill his courtyards with songs.
Proclaim him and bless his name;
for the Lord is our delight.
His mercy lasts for ever,
his faithfulness through all the ages.
Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be,
world without end.
– Christ the Lord has promised us the Holy Spirit: come, let us adore him, alleluia.*
* If you are reciting this on your own, you can choose to say the antiphon once only at the start of the psalm and not repeat it.
The psalms and canticles here are our own translation. The Grail translation of the psalms, which is used liturgically in most of the English-speaking world, cannot be displayed on the Web for copyright reasons. The Universalis downloads do contain the Grail translation of the psalms.
You can also view this page in English only.
|This web site © Copyright 1996-2015 Universalis Publishing Ltd (contact us)|